We have had our first cruise ship in already this year, back on June 5th, but there are many more on the way. This year they are expecting to have more then 138,000 visitors! Check out the latest schedule from the Saint John Port Authority here.
Also, check out this website they put together for people interested in taking a cruise. I like it! They have a lot of great content including a nice photo gallery. Even if your not looking to take a cruise, it’s worth checking out to appreciate why people like to visit here. My favorite is the list they created:
Top 10 Reasons Why Cruise Lines Call on Saint John
10. Convenience for Guests – Ships can dock at Pugsley A/B, right downtown with a covered cruise terminal for dispatching tours and the colourful Market Slip within a glimpse from the gangway! There are no line-ups for shuttle buses or lengthy waits for tenders from Pugsley A/B. Guests step off the gangway and into the heart of Uptown Saint John!
9. We Roll Out the Red Carpet! – A warm smile and friendly greeting is waiting for each one of our thousands of guests! Our award-winning Meet and Greet committee is waiting for your guests, armed with maps, information, and a rose for each lady and pin for each gentleman!
8. Our True Colours Shine Through! – Your guests will be greeted by colourful displays with flags, banners, painted murals, and flower gardens, creating a wonderful atmosphere around the cruise terminal. This first impression of our city will make your guests yearn to discover more!
7. Saint John is the Fun, Friendly, Fundy City! – Guests frequently comment on the friendliness of our local people, the cleanliness of our streets, and how comfortable and safe they feel as they explore our city. In fact, our tour guides were nominated as “friendliest” in the “Rest of the World” Category by Cruise Dreamworld Destinations (March 2003).
6. Shore Excursions for Every Age and Interest! – Our Saint John-based Tour Operators understand that shore excursions are an extension of the on-board experience, and have developed a wide range of unique shore excursions to ensure there are tours available for every age and interest.
5. Tour Operators that are the Best in the Business! – Our Saint John-based tour operators have been working with cruise lines since the first calls on Saint John over a decade ago. They can ensure high-quality guides and transportation, smooth tour dispatches, and memorable Saint John experiences!
4. So Much to Sea and Do! – The charming Old City Market, Horse and Trolley Rides past quaint Victorian architecture, the fascinating New Brunswick Museum, and a variety of Bay of Fundy experiences are just a small sample of guest favourites!
3. And It’s Easy to Explore! – For the guests who wish to explore on their own, almost all of Saint John’s top attractions are located within easy walking distance of Pugsley A/B. Other sites, such as the Reversing Falls Rapids or the Carleton Martello Tower, are a short and easily-accessible taxi ride away.
2. Your Crew Will Love Us Too! – In Saint John, we recognize that a ship’s crew is just as important as its guests, and we want to ensure that their Saint John experiences are just as memorable. For that reason, we have organized soccer games with local teams for crew members.
And the number one reason why Cruise Ships should call on Saint John:
1. Your Guests Will Love You! – Our surveys have shown that over 55% of guests plan on returning to Saint John either by cruise ship or by land. And from the comments we’ve received about guests coming back to visit longer, buy summer homes, and even establish businesses, guests always remember the cruise line that first brought them to Saint John! Furthermore, they are quick to spread the news about their cruise and travel with that cruise line again!